If you’re thinking, “How do I decorate around my TV,” you’ve come to the right spot. You’ve arrived at the right place. I’m going to show you how to decorate your home’s TV area in seven different ways. With these helpful hints, you can turn your TV from an eyesore into a stylish piece of furniture.
How to decorate the area around your television
1. Installing a flat-screen TV is the perfect way to decorate it. You can make it look like it belongs right there with the artwork this way. However, if you don’t have a helpful husband or wife to support you, it can be costly.
2. Build a layer of art behind it.
This way, the emphasis is on the painting rather than the black object on the console. Spending time collecting artwork that you like is the perfect way to do this.
3. Put a black console underneath the black TV to make it feel more like an accessory. If the furniture already mirrors the black beneath it, you can keep the artwork brighter all around it. Getting a collected appearance may be as simple as repeating anything one more time. It’s the same principle that you can use to make your living room look less matchy by mixing stained wood furniture.
4. An intelligent way to make a giant TV seem purposeful
Hang another shelf above it and leave it alone on the wall above the console or shelf. It’s worth noting that it’s very modern; it’s not appropriate for every home, but it fits in a contemporary living space.
5. Use black and white artwork to echo the TV’s black.
Many big box stores offer frames that you need to fill with artwork or photos.
6. Incorporate it into the millwork on either the right or left side of the mantle.
You won’t get a crick in your neck from looking up when watching Scandal episodes this way.
7. Want the look of millwork but don’t want to spend a lot of money?
Open shelving and a little styling help to achieve that look. Don’t forget to put baskets under the TV to cover the cords (below).
Source : https://mariakillam.com/tvdecorating/